Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Meet Torashima





This little fella began following me whenever I left out for work last summer, so I decided to keep him. He got his name from his tiger-like stripes (in Japanese, tiger = tora / stripes = shima). I'm not sure if that's how one would say "tiger stripes" over there... Maybe they would say "tora no shima" (tiger's stripes)... I don't know.

He started off super hyper destructive. One day, when I thought I couldn't take it anymore and had made up my mind that I was going to find a new home for him, he started acting cool. He didn't even seem like the same cat. It was like he read my mind. It was amazing, LOL.

I let him outside just about everyday. He has his own little life, haha. He'll wonder around for a few hours and come back when he's done. He's a really good cat. He even carries his toys around the house and drop them in front of you when he wants to play, like he's a puppy.

We've been good buddies for a few months. As long as he stays out of the chandelier in the dining room, we can keep being friends.

1 comment:

samax amen said...

awesome cat! Hope he can continue to suppress his his more beastly instincts...